I’m a big fan of checklists to simplify any process so here’s one, drawn from the Traction EOS model by Gino Wickman, for you to do a quick assessment of your organisation health and where your opportunities for improvement might lie.
- A clear vision or picture of where the business is going shared with everyone.
- A leadership team who model an open, honest culture based on a high level of trust
- A clear set of values and behaviours used to recruit & assess team members
- A clear long, medium & short term plan & roadmap for the business over 1, 3, 5-10 years
- Clarity of your target market and differentiated proposition to focus your efforts.
- The right people on the right seats with clear accountabilities & responsibilities
- A well-established cadence of team and one-to-one meetings to manage performance
- A clear picture of the end-to-end business process, supported by standard operating processes across all functions of the business documented
- A scorecard of the key metrics in the business and everyone clear on the number they are responsible for and measured on
- A budget, cashflow and sales forecast tracked and measured weekly/monthly/quarterly
- Quarterly priorities across the business with clearly identified actions & ownership
- A system to track customer & employee satisfaction / engagement levels
Simply rank your business 1-5 (1 for weak, 5 for strong) across each of these areas and highlight which area/s you want to target for improvement. Then revisit every 6 months.
Have we covered the important factors? What else would you add to this list for your business health check?
If you want to learn more about the detail behind this checklist or book a complementary ‘business growth health check’ session click here